Tuesday 3 November 2009

and now, for something completely different!

My life is average. I have absolutely no problem with that. Mostly because I have found this amazing website to back me up in my harry potter loving, dinosaur and old people appreciating ways. The irony of this website is that most of the posts, while deemed average by the users, are anything but! Does that make my life under average? Do I really care? Nope! I just love that there are other people like me that appreciate the small things in life and I only wish that I was as cool as some of the kids, teachers, and old people that are on this site. I guess that I can give you a couple of examples:

Today, I was late for school, so I had to sign in at the office. The sign in sheet asked
us our reason for being late. I saw that the girl before me wrote GIANT
SQUID in big letters. It made my day. MLIA.

Today, I was preparing a closing argument for Mock Trial. We had to prosecute or
defend a ficitonal character-- I will be prosecuting Tom Riddle for
manslaughter and child abduction. MLIA.

Today I wore a shirt to work that said "I wish my boyfriend was a Super Hero". About two hours later, a guy came in wearing what I can only assume was a Child's Wolverine costume and asked me out. I'm pretty sure I'll marry him. MLIA.

Today, I was walking out of class and texting at the same time. Some guy told me "Watch out while texting. You might run into my arms." Without looking up, I did and accidentally hugged him. Well played, soulmate. MLIA.

Today, my substitute teacher for english class was taking attendance. He said "Granger?" and looked around the room. Everyone looked confused. Then he said, "Oh, wait I forgot she switched to potions this period, my bad, nevermind." This sub was 70 years old and I love him. MLIA.

Today, I set up a voice password on my laptop. Now I can only get on it when I say "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" and log off when I say "Mischief managed". MLIA

Today I attended my first french class. I was really nervous untill I saw pictures of Mr. T, Chuck Norris, and Dumbledore taped to the wall. I am no longer nervous, as our class room is protected on every level possible. MLIA.

Today, a new kid from England with glasses came onto our speech class, the teacher asked him to share something unique about him to the class. He pulled up his bangs to reveal a lighting bolt scar and claimed that he fell on a rock. Yeah right, Harry Potter. MLIA

Today, my TA was talking about racism in film history and to illustrate the point, he played the episode of "Albi the Racist Dragon." I learned that being racist against New Zelanders and badly burned Albanian boys is just poor form. MLIA.--This is my true life story

Today, I was looking through my Grandmother's iPod. I found out that her top 3 songs are, My Humps, Because I Got High, and The Transformers theme song. I don't know what to say. MLIA

Today I beat my previous record for number of consecutive days spent alive. I'm going for a new personal best tomorrow. MLIA
This one especially is one that I plan to live by...

Basically, if you want your life to change for the better, stop reading downer things, and start reading THIS! Hope that you have a fantastically average day for your fantastically average life!

No comments: