Monday 30 November 2009

finding joy in the small things

This past week-being Thanksgiving- was a breath of fresh air that I greatly needed in order to survive the next couple of weeks before school started. I was a little put out that I was left in my house alone from Tuesday night till now and not flown home to the family (I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since I was in high school and this was the first year it might have happened), but I combined forces with 4 friends and we conquered our own Thanksgiving feast. It was magnificent! Turkey, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, salad, home made rolls, 2 home made pumpkin pies, delicious drinks, and I'm sure I'm missing something else. Basically, it was epic. We had movies playing in the background--most notably the extended version of the Fellowship of the Ring, we played games, we had a good time.

More than just Thanksgiving though was the relaxing time that I got to spend with friends and with a cleaning sponge in my house to make it shine as it hasn't for quite some time. I got to go to a football game against our rivals, and we had great seats, AND we won.. AND I got to meet up with a friend who was driving through the area back to his college for the rest of the semester.

These things were fun, and I'm glad that I got to meet and hang out with a variety of individuals.

But I did somethings that I loved more than all these things combined: I painted while watching a movie, and even better? I played with PLAY DOUGH! YES! My slow regression back to my childhood is finally happening!

Oh yes--Christmas lights now adorn our downstairs. This is also a huge bonus. Should we buy a mini Christmas tree?

I think YES.

Hope that your holidays were and will be a party as well! And oh yes, please please please send me any leftover play dough and finger paints that you might have around. They will be VERY much appreciated!!!

Happy Everything!

No comments: