Tuesday 1 November 2011

it's still warm here!!!!

You read that right. It is November 1st and it is still warm here in sunny California where I now live. I always thought that California was overrated.. That people were just crazy to want to live there. Now that I have graced the northern part I know that they are not crazy, they are the smartest people. EVER. As you know (probably), I am back from my mission to Brazil and now jumping back into life (which I am LOVING btw..) Here's the thing though. I left in Feb and stayed in Utah until late March. Aka. I lived a winter here. It was cold. THEN I went to Brazil in April in time for their fall (remember the other hemisphere temperature change?) and I lived through being really REALLY cold in southern Brazil with no heater. (and no insulation in the walls. aka. sleeping in the same temperature that is outside with cold showers. BRRRRRR). And now that I am back up north, we are just heading into what again? That's right. WINTER. AGAIN. My THIRD winter in 1 freaking year. yeah. I wasn't too stoked about the idea of bumming it in dreary (yet beautiful) Seattle for my 3rd winter, so when the opportunity came up I abandoned ship and went to move in with my dear friend from school :).

Why northern Cali is better.. I mean, cool too:
1. It is about an hour and a half away from everything. San Fran (<-- favorite city), Beach, Tahoe, Yosemite? Yup. All close.
2. It is November and still t-shirt weather.
3. Driving here is a lot "quicker"
4. I'm close to extended relatives that I didn't really know but now have met and they are awesome!
5. I am living 'on my own.'
6. Did I mention that my boyfriend is only an hour and twenty mins from me too? Bonus. Much better than 7k miles.
7. There are both palm trees and evergreens. It's lovely :)
8. I live right next to a beautiful lake AND a river.
9. I moved here on a Sunday, had an interview on a Tuesday, was hired the same day for a better position than I wanted for more pay and a clothing allowance, and oh yeah, I started the next day. Miracle/awesomeness.
10. Happiness. Just a lot of happiness :D

So yeah.. I went, I came back, and I went off again. But that's what my life is always about right? Lots and LOTS of adventures :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

Adventure!!!! Yeah. Sounds pretty much magical. I'm jealous.

Also. How far away is Portland?....I'm going to be there this weekend! (JK. I know it's like 12 hrs. But you should still come anyway!)

Sam said...

Oh!!! so you can go to Portland but not Sacramento OR San fran? what's that all about?!!?!