Thursday 27 November 2008

austen. not to be confused with austin.

Yesterday we went to Jane Austen's home! It was probably the most quaint town of all time. I love, love, loved the little town, and her house, and her tiny writing desk that looked out over the street, and the herb gardens, and the little piano that I played, and the creaky floors, and her little room and even smaller closet.

Basically, I loved it all!

My favorite part has to be when I meandered around her little town, found a little bush covered foot path covered in a thick layer of crunchy fall leaves that lead to the edge of a horse pasture. After walking around there for a while, I walked the 2 minute walk into the main town and walked back listening to "Dawn" from the new Pride and Prejudice soundtrack. It was magical. I think that is probably the closest that I will ever get to really being in an Austen story, and I loved every minute of it.

Then we went to Winchester (the old capital of England). It had the cutest little streets, and a great atmosphere. I loved wandering down random alleyways just to see where I would find myself. The cathedral there was huge! One of the longest in the world. It was fun to see everything there, and Jane Austen's grave... (Just don't ask about her finger. You don't want to know.. )

It was sad though. That was our last trip outside of London.

I can't believe I have less than 3 weeks left...

No comments: