Friday 7 November 2008

HAIRSPRAY!



I really couldn't stop the beat tonight! I went to Hairspray, and I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! They were funny, way talented, and they were GREAT dancers! I mean, it's one thing to see good dancing on screen, but to see it live just makes it THAT much more awesome!

Highlights:
Michael Ball (my hero in theater who was the original Marius in Les Miserables) as a woman
Welcome to the 60s
You're Timeless to Me: the two men couldn't stop laughing. I think they come up with new lines every night just to make the other one feel a little more awkward.
Penny: She was just always awkwardly bobbing around and had a great booming voice
Tracy: Had a beautiful voice. Literally. Something that is not usually associated with her part
All of them trying SO HARD to have an American accent, and most of them failing at it.. especially Link. he was so scottish. and he was trying to have a jersey accent, or at least make it sound like that..
Laughing at the jokes that only people from America think are funny.
The powerful singing, music... that would be such a fun show to be in!

Ok. So basically I loved EVERYTHING!



All i have to say is: NOW I'VE TASTED CHOCOLATE, and I'M NEVER GOING BACK!

No comments: